Coupons, a great way to save money, but how much money is the thing. You watch the shows on Television and see the lengths people will go to in order to save, and when you have children, food can cost as much as putting them through school.
The stores in the United States permit consumers to double and sometimes even triple the coupons, allowing them to get hundred of dollars in savings at the register. I ask, why is this practice not permitted here in Canada? after all, most of our stores originated from the States, they follow the same corporate rules in Canada as they do in the States, so why do they not permit us here to double or triple our coupons and allow us as Canadian consumers to save hundreds on our groceries and household items? what makes the consumers in the United States so special? Don't get me wrong, I think getting free food and household items is brilliant, and if it were me, I would more then happy to do the same.
I have to admit, I use coupons, a lot of coupons to help save at the register, after all isn't that the reason for the food/Good industries providing the coupons, but how much can one person keep in one area before being labelled a hoarder? it can be a fine line between stock piling and hoarder, when do you say "ok I have enough to last me months, maybe even years, everything does come with an expiry date" so why not donate to family, friends or local shelter.
You think there would be many more families in the States better off financially, after all they save millions a year in free food and goods, Oh how I envy our Neighbours across the boarder. I would be very rich if I was able to double or triple my coupons when I shop, the more I saved on food& goods, the more I could put on my mortgage, credit cards and maybe even my dog. Maybe all us heavy couponer's out there should get a petition circulating to our local stores allowing us follow the same corporate rules as our cross boarder friends, right down to the last coupon in our folders.
Happy Saving
Nashota
No comments:
Post a Comment